Saturday, February 02, 2008

Our Friday

What an exciting Friday we had! First of all, Jaycie woke up and said "we stay home today?" Which in her translation means, "it's a dress day!!" Because after I say Yes we are staying home, she replies " I wear dress inside". Jaycie is pretty much obssessed with wearing dresses. She would definitely prefer to wear a dress EVERY day! But with the cold weather I've been telling her it's too cold for a dress -which makes her very unhappy! So on the days we stay home she gets to wear a dress. I've been putting her in dresses on school days, too, just to make her a little more excited about going to school. Because also in "Jaycie's world" apparently you need a dress to dance. So with all of the singing and dancing they do in chapel and music class, she definitely needs a dress!

Today when I went to get her a dress from her closet, she spotted her FAVORITE summer brown dress, so we HAD to wear it, with the added long sleeve shirt under it because it is just a little too chilly even inside to wear without it. After she put it on, she said "I need brown socks to match my brown dress" so we had to find brown socks to match. Then to top off our so "Fashionable Friday" she wanted to put on her little pink Cinderella tennis shoes! Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the whole outfit, but you can just imagine how she looked!

Shortly after Jaycie woke up, Amy brought Baby Sam over for us to keep while she went to the Dr. So we jumped from 2 kids to 3 kids just like that! It really went pretty well. He slept in his carseat just about til it was time for Kaylie's first nap. As I was back putting Kaylie down, Jaycie tip-toed back there and whispered "Baby Sam cry". I told her I was coming and she tip-toed back out and went and sat by and talked to Sam til I got there. Then she wanted to hold him. So here's a few pics of that:



Things went smoothly til it was time for Kaylie to wake up and eat. Sam was getting tired and fighting his sleep, so we tried the swing while I fed Kaylie - that made him pretty mad! As I started to feed Kaylie, she heard Sam crying and started too and wouldn't eat! Let the chaos begin!! Then Jaycie informs me "two babies cry Mom". I said yes they are! Kaylie finally ate and I was able to swap her and Sam and keep him happy til Amy got there with lunch. Then we got some cute pics of them together! They were all happy again!


Kaylie trying to munch on Sam's fingers!
Jaycie wanted to be a part of all the action - notice she is holding both of their hands! She was really cute with both of them. Also, when I was rocking with Kaylie before her nap, Jaycie pulled out her chair and guitar to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle" to her, just like Daddy does for her at bedtime. Then when I was rocking with Sam later, she pulled out her chair and guitar again and sang Sam "Twinkle, Twinkle"! Sure was wishing I had another set of hands for a picture of that!
And our Friday afternoon was good too! I think Kaylie might actually FINALLY be getting this napping thing down during the day. So that meant that I actually got a much needed hour nap this afternoon!! Who knows when that will happen again!


No comments: