Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abilene, I Will, Not So Picky, and Sweet Kaylie!

Well we are back from ANOTHER trip to Abilene and ANOTHER birthday party. It was another EXTRA QUICK trip - we left Friday about 4 to get to the party by 6:30 and left Abilene Saturday morning about 10 so Brad could get back to work. Talk about a whirl wind trip!

It was cousin Samantha's bday and she had a slumber party - I don't know if we will be telling Jaycie about slumber parties! It looked like a lot of work!! But a lot of fun for ALL of those little girls!
Jaycie at first was just happy to be at their house and play with their toys. But when all those big girls were doing all the fun games, she wanted to be a part of the action. Aunt Holly gave Jaycie and Kase the stuff to participate separately if they wanted to, but I think Jaycie wanted to be right in the middle of everything with those girls. Her and Kase are buddies, but if she can hang out with the big girls and their games, Kase might get forgotten about for the time being!



Jaycie and Samantha. Holly made all of the girls these little knitted hats for Samntha's winter themed Bday party! Jaycie and Kaylie's match!


Jaycie and Kase not participating (this is where I think she is more pouting about not being in with the big girls rather than just not wanting to participate!)
Eating pizza with the big girls! Yes she is eating pizza! She finally ate pizza at school for the first time at their pizza party last week!
Daddy and Jaycie!
Samantha blowing out the candles!


After eating pizza (while sitting with the big girls!), singing Happy BDay, and opening presents we headed on over to Mimi and Pa's house to spend the night. Holly asked Kase if he wanted to spend the night at Mimi & Pa's house, Kase's response "I want Jaycie". Holly explaioned that was where Jaycie was going, and he still responded "I want Jaycie"! So Kase headed over too to spend the night - which excited Jaycie!! Not only were we going to Mimi & Pa's house, but Kase was coming, too!!

They had a fun, late evening of playing, bath time, reading books then not real willingly, finally going to bed! And when Jaycie woke up that morning Kase was already up and ready to play! Jaycie did eventually take a break from playing to sit down and eat some breakfast - and Kase joined us for his 2nd breakfast!


Book time with Mimi


Then with Daddy!


Saying good-bye is never fun. We told Jaycie it was time to go and to tell Kase bye and give him a hug. So she was on a mission!! And Kase wanted no part of it! She chased him down saying "I need to give you a hug!" When she cornered him she said " I need a hug!" Kase respopnding by shaking his head and backing up. Jaycie gave the cutest "Uh huh" (yes I do sort of high pitched thing). And Kase bolted out of there. Jaycie did lean in at one point and got a partial hug in, but it didn't really satisfy her. When we were loading up in the car, she said (very sad, pitiful me voice) "I just want to give him a hug". She didn't understand why he wouldn't give her a hug, all her other little boy friends (Weston and now her new friend Gavin at school) all giver her hugs very willingly!

On another note, Jaycie now when you tell her not to do something has a strange response. For example:

Mommy: Jaycie don't fall out of that chair.

Jaycie: OK I will! (in a very sincere voice)

She really means OK I won't. It's funny to hear her say that because she really is listening and minding, she just uses the wrong words! I could say Jaycie don't eat that catfood and she would say "OK I will!"

And there might finally be some hope for our picky eater. I guess they're right when they say if you just keep offering it they will eventually try it! In the past few weeks, Jaycie is more and more willingly eating what I cook for dinner!! She has eaten baked sweet potatoes, butternut squash (both with letting her sprinkle a little brown sugar on them), baked chicken (more than just the 2-3 bites that I make her eat before getting down), green beans (thank you Macaela and Taryn!), tacos (just meat and cheese), apples, bananas (which she now eats one a day usually)tortilla roll ups, pizza, and tomato soup and grilled cheese!

Little Miss Kaylie is still just a happy, happy little girl. She smiles and talks all the time - when she's not sticking her tongue out!! She has started what we call her little lion roar. Jaycie roars like a scarey lion a lot, so that's what we call Kaylie's little "grunt, roar". She is finally doing better with her napping schedule during the day, so now we have to make some "tune-ups" on this night time sleeping! I know she can and has gone 7-8 hours, so we'll be working on that one - Mommy is ready to get some regular sleep!

She is not a demanding baby at all. I do try to hold her AS MUCH AS I CAN while she is awake because I know they are only little for a short time, but she is just as happy (sometimes happier and more talkative) to sit in her bouncy seat or lay under her baby gym. Such a sweet little special baby girl for our family!! Oh, and she is starting to really laugh!! It is so cute! Like I say all the time, they are more and more fun EVERY DAY!


1 comment:

Mike said...

Love the knit.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

If you are interested in a photo challenge, please join me at http://www.mikeleonen.com/