Friday, February 08, 2008

Another Day at the Office!

The other day while the girls and I were at work, I overheard a cute little conversation between Jaycie and Amanda (another employee). I was feeding Kaylie in the other room, but I had the door just ajar so I could hear.

Jaycie: Somebody here.

Amanda: Who's here?

Jaycie: Somebody!

Amanda: Where are we?

Jaycie: Um, at clinic.

Amanda: Are you at work?

Jaycie: We ALL at work!

Amanda: We're at work, you're working? You need to go ask Brooks (my boss - the vet) for your paycheck!

Jaycie: I can't do dat.

Jaycie is so nice she works for free! I've joked with Brooks ever since I started taking Jaycie to work about when he was going to put her on the payroll. I figured there are some clients that come in just when I am there to see the girls, so she's bringing in business right?! And now they both go with me - so double the pay right!

I mean Jaycie does sweep while she is there, she talks to clients (entertains them), she definitely entertains Brooks!, she puts all of the clinic cats to bed, she makes sure all of the cage doors work properly and can secure an animal (or Jaycie!), she does a lot of rearrranging of EVERYTHING, she hleps me place the food order (sings the ABCs while I do it), she pushes the blue and green button on the fax for me when I fax or copy something, she makes sure the water machine works, she pets all the animals that she is allowed to giving them the extra TLC during their stay, she helps walk some of the NICE dogs on nice weather days, she smells all of the candles there for sale making sure they are worth clients purchasing, she tries to answer the phones but hasn't figured out which button to push when an incoming call is coming in, she uses the calculator to do something?, she oversees Brooks while he does surgery or treats any of the animals, and I know she does more, but that is all I can think of right now.

But anyways, the most important thing is that she has fun while at work! I originally thought that after Kaylie was here, that I would go to work one day while Jaycie was at YCW. But then she would miss out on going to the clinic and seeing everybody and all the animals! So for now anyways, we will continue to ALL go to work together! One of the biggest reasons I have continued to "work" on our Tuesdays is that I have always had fun at work and now we both have fun while at work!

No comments: