Wednesday, January 03, 2007

We're Done!!

Well the wonderful task of painting our living, dining, computer area "room" is finally over!! What a task! It only took me 3 years to pick out the colors, and another year for us to get up the energy to take on the task! All of our living, dining, and computer room furniture was in the middle of the rooms, there was plastic and tape everywhere, which left nowhere for a baby to play and it smelled like paint!! But we are d0ne! And it looks good! But I did give in on a little detail to my husband. When we initially talked about doing this, I had two colors picked out for the walls and a chair rail. Well it came down time to get serious and purchase supplies, and all of a sudden my husband has no recollection of the chair rail and two colors! So I gave in and we only did one wall with the two colors, and the rest of the walls in the lighter of the two. It still looks good, but even he agreed that he likes the chair rail with the darker color on bottom, so we will eventually redo the bottom half of the walls and put up the chair rail and the darker color. Which I am not actually looking forward to , but it will look good when we finish. Not to mention there is still all the touch up stuff left, but as far as I am concerned, we are finished with this project for a little while anyways! Oh and to top it all off, we had no computer, no TV, and no radio during this time! But hopefully now I can stay on top of things and try to keep a little more regular with this blog stuff cuz it can be very addicting to read everyone else's I just have to keep current on mine!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Brad told me you guys were painting. I bet it looks great.