Well, what I had hoped was a little 12 hour stomach bug turned worse!! Monday after putting what I thought was my improving little baby girl to sleep for an afternoon nap (she was sitting in her little chair eating ice and starting to act more like herself) I discovered different when I got her up. She awoke a couple hours later and was that sick baby again, but this time she was burning up! So I proceeded to walk out to the living room to take her temp (but not before I was vomited on on the way out there!) and when I finally got to take it it was 103.8!
So I called the dr and they said if we couldn't get the temp down (with Motrin, cool baths, or Tylenol suppositories!) below 103 then we needed to take her into the ER. Well we got the temp down and thought all was going well. Put her to bed at 7:30 and hoped for the best! But at 9:30 I heard her squirming around and knew that fever was trying to come back up - so I got her up to give her more meds and check her temp - not bad only 101.8 - and tried to put her back down - not happening! So we stayed up for a while and finally I put her back down about 10:45. I thought she was asleep, but apparently it wasn't that easy, after a few attempts I FINALLY got her asleep about midnight and FINALLY could get some sleep myself - since I was still lacking from my 2 hours of sleep the night before.
She slept all night and then.....the next morning the diarrhea started!! One of those soak her clothes, run down her legs, pouring out her diaper ones! So she got a quick bath needless to say. Just as we got cleaned up and she's sitting on the couch and I'm sitting below her on the floor - her stomach decided it really didn't want anything in it again!! So her and I proceed to have a morning shower! What a busy day and it's not even 10:00am yet! Then when I put her down for an afternoon nap she woke up to being soaked with a yucky diaper again and as I go to pick her up the vomiting started again!
So after another call to the dr to ask advice for the poor little now lifeless baby girl, they say if we can't get her perked up by this evening to take her into ER for fluids. Well Daddy got home, and she had been keeping down the pedialyte and thought she was perking up some and then there it was back! So we decided to go ahead and take her in to the ER. She was just completely lifeless, her little eyes had that sunken in appearance, and her tears were diminishing.
We get to the ER and got signed in and the place is packed!!! So after they triaged us and they checked her temp -104.7!!!!!- I decided it was time to try and play some favoritism. I called my Dad because I have an aunt who works at the hospital and tried to get her to pull some strings. She said she did what she could, so I don't know if it was her or Jaycie's 30 minute screaming episode that got us "bumped up" and into a room in 3 HOURS versus who knows how much longer! Apparently there is a really bad stomach virus going around (not that any of them aren't bad!) We saw at least 4 infants and toddlers vomit while we waited. But luckily that finally got us back there where they proceeded to "torture" my baby and finally get her some fluids and something for her nausea. We finally returned home about 4 am with a hydrated, worn out, exhausted, tired baby who was ready to get in her crib!! She slept til 1:00pm the next afternoon! I know it was much needed, but I kept going in and checking on her making sure she was ok - she was just exhausted.
When she did finally wake up her poor little eyes were SO swollen that she looked like a little oriental baby. She had just cried and cried so much and was so tired! She was ok for the day, a slight more alert, petted the cat some, played peek-a-boo a little with her blankie all while she sat NEXT to me on the couch versus on me! She was still very tired and took good naps, no more dirty diapers or vomiting, so I left her home that night so I could go to class that evening. They did fine, she ate pretty good (soup and crackers), and went to bed good for Daddy.
So I was really looking forward to seeing what I thought would be my "improving" daughter in the morning, but I again was proven wrong. After giving her just a small amount of water when she woke up, she vomited AGAIN!! Is this bug ever going to end?! And ever since I got her out of bed she has been completely lifeless again! The ER gave us a prescription for nausea that I was hoping we wouldn't need, but I started it. Now at 4:00pm she has eaten some toast, some soup, some crackers, and she's kept it down all afternoon - must be a miracle drug! She is still pretty lifeless, but she has been able to keep something in her stomach finally! We'll see how tonight and the next few days go!
No comments:
Post a Comment