Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Girls and Redecorating!

I love that our girls already can play so contently by themselves and together! It's cute to watch this because as Jaycie is playing with her dollhouse by herself, she is talking to Kaylie! And Kaylie is intently watching Jaycie! I'm not sure this will continue once Kaylie is up and on the move and able to go grab some of Jaycie's toys though!! :)


On another note, this is what I found when getting Jaycie's bed ready for bedtime the other night!!! I wasn't sure how to react, laugh or be mad?! Jaycie has never been the destructive type, but apparently during nap time she got a little bored (she hasn't necessarily been sleeping for naps) and did this!!

I called her into her room and asked her if she did this and why and she gave her usual response "because". I called Daddy in and showed him. I don't think either of us really knew what to do or say at first. She got "the look" that means you know better. I told her that it wasn't nice to tear stuff up like that and she should never do that again. She said ok and started to walk out - don't think it really phased her!! But Brad spoke up (before I started to laugh) and told her that she need to apologize for tearing off her wallpaper to Mommy and Daddy. And that if she did it again she would get in trouble. She said sorry to both of us and the night continued on!!
AFTER she left the room, Brad commented "that's probably something I would have done as a kid!" then we finally got to laugh!

So I guess it just comes down to Jaycie is tired of her Noah's Ark theme in her room and ready for a change!! Guess I will start looking and thinking about her "big girl" room theme!! Silly girl!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I can't wait until i can let my girls play together like that... I have to supervise like a hawk when EMma is on the floor. Grace tries to give a little too much lovin' to her sis!