A new battle though is getting her to sleep during the day. She sleeps just fine at night in her bassinet, but during the day as soon as I lay her down - or very shortly after - she wakes up! This just started the past 4-5 days, and before this she was doing fine. I haven't changed anything, so I don't know how to "fix" it! So now I am having problems getting both girls down for a nap at the same time so that I can get a nap! Whereas the first week we were home alone I accomplished the task 3 out of the 4 days. Mommy's sleep is very important too!
But overall she is a good baby. Still happy and only gets upset if she is hungry or tired! So really no complaints here! Trying to enjoy these times while they are here because sooner then you think they will be gone!
At her 2 week check up she weighed in at 8 pounds 10 ounces and was 21 inches long! So she is a growing girl. I finally looked at Jaycie's book and she was 5 weeks old before she was up to the 8 pound mark!
I finaly got Jaycie to take a picture with Kaylie for me - so here they are - the SISTERS!
and Jaycie's horse, too, of course!

The three of us girls - this is how Daddy found us on his arrival home from work!
5 comments:
So sweet! Congratulations! I love having two girls!
The girls are so cute together!!! Hang in there with the sleep....Kaylie will learn one of these days!!
Melissa your baby is so pretty. I can't wait to see her in person. There is something about her sweet face that reminds me of Annie. You are right these days will be gone soon. Little Annie seems so big right now. She has changed to more of a baby baby and not the newborn baby. It has been making my heart sad. Not sure if you guys have made it to class yet? We have been in and out a lot with hunting season. Hope your sleep gets better. I know my sister used a noise maker in her my older nephews room to mask the sound of his crying brother when she was sleep training. It really helped her a lot. Good luck.
The odds that you will get them both down at the same time are probably slim to none... sorry! It is hard to put a little one on a schedule especially one that has already been created by big sis. But then again, I'm not so good with schedules myself !haha!
Hey Melissa
Just found your blog. Kaylie is a doll, yall look so great. Having two little girls is a huge blessing. Take Care!
Post a Comment