


Jaycie is getting so big!! The things she does everyday makes us realize she is turning into a little girl!! There have been a couple of things just in the past few weeks that she is doing and we don't know if it is due to her going to "school" or just her age.
First of all, Brad was taking her to the Little Gym week before last (I usually go, but had errands to run that night) and he called me almost in a panic on the cell phone from the car. He wanted to know if I had taught her to count to twelve. She was in her car seat and just started counting with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and then after that each time Brad would ask her what's next and she continued to count to 12!! I should probably first say that Jaycie's counting has been like this: 2, 5, 6. Everything has been 2, 5, 6.........until now! I recently got her a new Dora book, but it only counts to 10. I don't know if she just all of a sudden got it, or if she has known all along but preferred her way, or if it is something they have been working on at school!
She also has usually been pretty good about playing by herself. But lately, she can entertain herself for almost an hour at a time picking out this or that to play with (and yes this is without the TV on!) Again I don't know if it is because she has learned to be even more independent of me due to her time at school, or just her attention span is growing in leaps and bounds!
Lastly, we never have really made her just sit in her high chair after she eats. She eats and when she is done she wants down. And we get her down. We have noticed that over the past week or so, she seems pretty happy and content to sit there a little while. She doesn't necessarily ask to get down right away. Again, don't know if it's because she has to sit at her table til everyone at school is done eating or something else!
Lastly, we have introduced the potty to her - probably about 4 or 5 months ago. I have not been one to really "force" the subject, I just give her the option to try. And she almost always goes pee pee if she tries for about the past month. About 3 weeks ago while I was in the kitchen cleaning up from lunch, I looked up to see a naked little girl coming around the corner saying "Poop potty"! I thought she was telling me she had to go, come to find out, she had taken off her dress and diaper (another new trick!) and went potty on the potty all by herself! She was very proud of herself! A couple nights later, she woke up about 4:30am and cried out - not a common occurrence. I went to see what the problem was, and when I picked her up I checked her diaper. It was dry and then she mumbled "poop potty". So I took her in and let her potty. She woke up dry in the morning, too! Well, once yesterday and once today she has come to tell me "Poop Potty"! (everything is Poop in this house) So I have taken her to the potty and she pee peed! I really think she is showing signs she is ready, but I just haven't wanted to "force" the subject because I have heard so many rumors of them reverting when a new little baby comes along! Don't get me wrong, I would love only having one in diapers though!!
Our little girl is growing every day right before our eyes!! We just cherish every bit of it! We hope that all of this "growing up" she is doing the past few weeks will help her adjust to her new little sister who could arrive anytime really soon!
1 comment:
Potty training. Always memorable.
Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/
http://www.mikeleonen.com/
Post a Comment