Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dr. Check up

Well, Jaycie went in for her 2 year old check up and GUESS WHAT!!! She is actually on her age appropriate growth chart. Weighing in at 24 pounds and 33 1/2 inches tall she actually is in the low 25th percentile!!! I knew she had been growing, I guess I just didn't realize how much in the past 6 months!!



The funny thing was the Dr asked if she was eating better since she had grown so much! I said no - if anything she is eating WORSE!! She is an extremely picky eater who will basically eat only rice or pasta (luckily we do eat brown rice and some whole wheat pasta). I can mix in some chicken or cooked vegetables (chopped up real tiny!) with her noodles or rice and she will eat them, but not on their own. And I've made it an extreme effort to ALWAYS cook up some broccoli to add to her mac'n'cheese - which she loves and eats every bit including every bit of broccoli! So there is our one vegetable of the week that I can count on. I guess maybe all those carbs she eats are adding to her growing!! She is definitely her Mama's daughter because I love my carbs too! The Dr said not to worry about it too much, just to continue with her daily vitamin and keep offering the fruits and vegetables! She said she just sounds like the typical toddler!



I did talk to the Dr a little too about our one syllable kid. Anything and everything she says she only says one syllable of the word. The Dr asked how many words she was saying and I said I had no clue because anything you say she will try and say it, but only one syllable! She said just to emphasize the rest of the word for her so she knows the whole word - which we do - I'm sure it will just come in time. She has started putting 2 words (one syllable words) together - it's just fun and exciting to see all the little leaps and bounds she takes, all at her own rate!!

Here's a picture of our big girl - a few days before she turned two - she looks like such a big girl now!!

No comments: