Saturday, May 19, 2007

Single Moms

I love being a stay at home Mom, but I LOVE when my husband gets home to give me a small break!! I tell him very often how thankful I am that he is a very involved father and that he generally gets home at a decent time (4:45). Jaycie is still worried about me when he's here, but she is also worried about Daddy - so not all of her attention is on me! Then bath time comes and I definitely get a break - Daddy time!!

This past week has been a long week. Jaycie was sick Sunday til Thursday, running a fever and not feeling good (therefore also whiny and clingy to Mom!). I really don't mind these times because she is usually extra cuddly too! It's just the whining that I really cannot tolerate! But you do what you have to do !

Well, generally I look forward to Saturdays because my husband gets up with Jaycie and I am allowed a little extra sleep! But this is the busy time of the year for Texas Jumps so Saturdays don't exist for me right now. And on top of working ALL DAY (5:30 am - midnight) Saturday he is also working Sunday after church at the golfing range (2:30-10:00).

So this leads to my entire idea for this post - I have felt like a single mother this week. I always have had the greatest respect for single moms because I know it's not easy. My mother raised my sister and I by herself so I saw first hand how difficult it can be. I know that single moms have it a lot harder than I did this week, but with Jaycie not wanting Daddy at all and then him working all weekend, it's basically just been me and Jaycie! Thank goodness I am at least out of the first trimester and have the energy to keep up with her!! I'll be happy when June gets here!

No comments: