Monday, April 14, 2008

School pics, Baby Blessing, and Kaylie Update

Jaycie had pictures at school again the other day, and she looked so cute, I had to snap a pic before leaving for school - and she wanted to so I had to take advantage of it while I could!! So here she is in her (I think ) her new favorite dress.


Jaycie lately has become a phone talker!! Every time I am on the phone in the car she asks "who talk to you?" When I tell her she says " i talk to "whoever" " It is so much fun now, though because she really carries on a conversation with you. Daddy was the first one to experience this and he is so excited he can really talk to her now during the day!
We also had the baby blessing at church last week for Kaylie. It was a sweet time for us. Brad's parents and my Mom came with us. It was a great evening. Notice neither girl is looking at the camera. They took family pics for us there, too - I can almost guarantee that neither of them is looking at the camera in that one either!

But on the flip side, we remembered why we don't do Wednesday night church!! We didn't get home til almost 9 and Jaycie wasn't asleep til 10 - and she had school the next day!! One day when our kids get a little older, I'm sure we'll be back to Wednesday night church, but for now we just skip it :)

Here's my sleeping girl. Always sleeping with one or both arms up!! She did start taking a paci about Easter time, but I still think she sucks on her forearms and hands if she doesn't have her paci!

Well just to update, we still don't know anything about Kaylie. I had to collect "samples" all last week - boy was that fun for the second time!!- and dropped them off at the lab on Friday. So I'm assuming it will be this week when we know something. I forgot to ask when I dropped the samples off when to expect results. I thought I was going to have to pick up another vial and collect another sample, but the lady there said "This is a infant? They can just use what you got!" I was so overjoyed that I forgot to ask when to expect results!!


We enjoyed a GREAT weekend at home all weekend!! Well except for Brad working Friday night and Saturday afternoon til night. And then Jaycie been running a slight fever Friday and it lasted til Sunday morning, so we didn't make it to class or church. But ..............I have to admit it was so nice for all 4 of us just to spend an entire day at home together!


Brad finally got the shelves in Kaylie's room finished !! She'll have her own room soon!! Kind of sad too that she won't be in the bassinet! So here's a few pics of Jaycie helping Daddy paint Kaylie's shelves and a few pics of Kaylie and one of her new talents - blowing raspberries!! Well, I tried anyways to catch her!! Her other latest trick is to pass a small toy back and forth from one hand to another !!! The fun times of a baby!!


3 comments:

Monica said...

Glad you are done with your "collecting" what fun that must have been. We are praying for a good answer or for the problem to just go away. : ) I like the second one best.
We had the same conclusion about not doing Wednesday church. Aric said that was the last time he wanted to do that until our next baby. I think we might make it back before then, but wow babies and night church are tricky.

Amy said...

I love Jaycie's dress - too cute and her expression is definately Jaycie!!! She is such a big help with Daddy!!! Poor Da!!! Glad she is there to help!!! Can't wait to see you tomorrow for our "date!"

Lisa said...

"collecting"... that sounds like fun :)

Praying for good results!